The One Time When My Fate Clutched My Reputation.
Okay, so today I decided to pop myself into some Story-Mode for fun - And also due to the fact that I’m running out of topics.
As an insecure person, I’ve never let myself depend on fate and have tried to settle everything that I can by my own hands. But this one time, I was unconsciously dependent on fate and didn’t find out so until the moment actually arrived.
Believe it or not, I used to go to Karate classes, and as someone who was quite good at Karate, I was graduating at a pretty good pace. And this one time, for our Orange Belt graduations and promotions, some dude from Japan was going to pull up at some centre and that’s where our tests were also gonna be taken. Which sounded pretty cool.
Simultaneously, my Sensei was training me for this “skit”, now, although I was preparing it, I wasn’t sure when and where were we supposed to even present this, anyways. The skit was basically about how a Women can learn martial arts and save herself from bad people (which were me and my friend.) by using her training for self-defense.
I had to go through a lot for that thing, getting my head banged on the floor a few times, getting some hard hits on my legs, and almost getting myself a broken nose.
The worst part was that we didn’t have any profound role, we were bad guys who basically had to get beaten up by this girl who was gonna perform some power moves on us.
Around a week had passed since the training had stopped, I was just glad that I wasn’t going through much of it, and hence, didn’t question my Sensei much about the training.
It was only until the day of the orange belt promotion seminar, yes, the one with the Japanese dude. I was sitting on my chair watching them talk about some pretty cool stuff, and my Sensei tells me to get ready for the skit since we are supposed to present.
Now, there were three problems.
Firstly, I did not know it was supposed to be performed that day.
Secondly, Karate skits are real, we can’t fake fight our ways into impressing anyone.
Thirdly, we had NOT perfected the skit, not jumping at the right time, missing a few moves, meaning that we were basically on our own.
So me, my friend and the girl walk onto the stage, and start with it.
And Oh. My Goodness. It went perfect!
I did bang my head onto a wooden plank floor, but apart from that, I got an extra medal which I didn’t know we were getting.
Looking back at the incident which probably took place 4-5 years ago, I do love the fact that fate saved me, even when I was unconsciously dependent on it, because I’m damn sure that the skit could’ve gone wrong in many ways.
But I do feel sad that I didn’t like Karate whilst I was attending the classes all these years. It’s only after watching Anime that I feel like knowing Karate would help me save Man-Kind.
I’m a green belter now. (Wasn’t the needed info but gotta let y’all know what I’m capable of.)
Anyhow, guess this was it. Phew, I’m pretty tired now.
Comments
Post a Comment