Why There Won’t Be Another Movie Like “TRON: Legacy”.
Movies back then were simple, not only because getting good ones were scarce, but because they are considered classics.
Now I’ll be referring to “Tron: Legacy” as Tron since the other way around will be pretty hefty to write for me, and boring to read. Don’t confuse it with the 1982 version of TRON.
Now, Tron wasn’t loved by everyone, people had great expectations from the movie, but it seemed to fail them. But I loved it. Not just any love. The “I’ve watched it 7 times” kind of love.
Tron was a visually pleasing movie, even the storyline was pretty decent. But people ended up liking it but never loving it. Which weakened the fandom during the movie’s early stages.
Tron is actually my favorite Hollywood movie of all-time. But now y’all might be wondering, “why do you think there’ll never be another movie like it?”
Let’s go towards the reasons.
Firstly, the storyline, despite being decent, was one-of-a-kind. I myself could imagine and write a movie that follows the same storyline, and I might even be able to top off the tron storyline. But despite that, it’ll always be compared to Tron. Since tron will be considered one of the first ones to exist in accordance with such type of a “into-a-game-but-electro-funk” kind of a story. And to defeat the uniqueness of the movie seems to impossible, not because the storyline is unique, but because the Idea is unique.
Secondly, the Holy Soundtrack. Now the soundtrack of “Tron: Legacy” was made by Daft Punk, one of their few projects. This was one of the major factors for me liking the movie. The soundtrack was very pleasing, provided different moods during different scenes, but never failed to maintain the vibe of the soundtrack being “electronic”. Unfortunately, Daft Punk have taken their leave off of music forever, meaning that even if another Tron sequel, or a spin-off is made, it will never have a soundtrack that can be considered a match with the Daft Punk music.
These were my reasons, but one personal reason would be about how much this movie matters to me. By building an emotional connection with me, I’d never be able to forget this. This movie contains small fragments of scenes that eventually help me break the barrier with my emotions. Every time that I’ve completed this movie, I’ve felt free.
And for any movie to be so strong that it can move my heart without a word, is impeccable. Peace.
Comments
Post a Comment