A Young Movie. Jawan.

 Okay, let’s get this over with. A non-spoiler-free review of Jawan. I think.

I’m sure you’d like to know how I felt watching an SRK movie, with Tamil-ish BGM and fighting scenes where the Cigar seemed like the higher-paid actor because of how frequently it was seen. Well, since I know you so well, here I go.

The movie is actually a really well constructed movie, it decides to take upon the topic of multiple flaws within our country that co-relate to the citizens and the government, but it makes sure that the movie doesn’t become ALL about it. 

The writing of the movie is really good, and that’s something which many people fail to pick on. Sure, there are a few lines which make you cringe. But it’s fine, since you honestly wouldn’t notice it as much. 

I loved the songs, they had their own timing and didn’t make us feel like it’s adding a stretch of any kind. None of the songs are anything exactly memorable, but you’d feel that it does contribute to the story of the movie. Now let’s get a bit detailed.

What I liked:-

Character design :- I loved the whole movement of making Shah Rukh Khan look like a local Egyptian Mummy, but it looks cool due to the cinematography and writing of the movie. How it helps him escape after committing “crimes”, how he does it to make sure his movement is anonymous. I love the integrity of this “wrap-me-like-a-subway” outfit choice. Because it was good.

Storyline :- I already talked about the writing, I guess we can definitely talk about the storyline. I love the way how you won’t remember you’re sitting in a theater whilst the movie continues. It’s an immersive storyline, some would even find particular scenes quite emotional. Such as the one which talked about Farmer’s Suicide and her family, and how scarcity of resources in a public hospital led to the death of many children. 

I didn’t cry though, probably because I’m too used to Anime storylines. Although I do have to admit I cried while watching a Doraemon movie. But I need to save the topic for a blog, I’m running out of Ideas anyways.

I wasn’t actually planning on writing this review blog, until my friend told me that she has gone to see the movie as well, which meant I had a new topic. Anyways, let’s not get diverted.

Vibe :- this may sound like a filler reason, but it’s true. You will enjoy the movie, you will be hooting with the crowd due to the emotional values of the scenes, cool fight scenes and everything else. This will be an enjoyable experience, which makes this a movie worth paying cinema seat tickets for. 

Bonus Point:- I just LOVED the speech that SRK gave on elections. Although it felt a bit out of line, he was dead on spot about it. He made sure that it wasn’t about political correction, but about correcting politics and the way the average voter perceives Indian Democracy. 

What I Did NOT like :-

The Father and Son duo :- I get it that the movie tries not to waste ANY opportunity in making SRK look cool. But the fact that he played the role of both the FATHER AND the SON, makes you feel a bit weird.

Okay, not a bit weird, very weird. But make sure you look at-least a BIT like your father. Or else, it’s a bit of a problem.

Extension :- There was an opportunity to end the movie at some points. They might’ve felt that more emphasis was needed, hence why the movie was quite a bit longer than expected, but again, the movie made sure you aren’t reminded about time. But some scenes, like the whole “Cigar in the Motorbike” thing, and Vijay talking about how Suicide feels like in a comical way, felt out of line. Rest was fine and fitting.

The Young Conclusion:- 

So yeah, it’s time for conclusion. It’s important to realize that by today’s standards, this movie may not be considered great- or for some, even good. But when we seek deeper into the most basic standards of an average cinema-moviegoer, we realize that this movie was a GREAT movie. I liked the fact that this was something a family could enjoy together. There was drama, there were emotional triggers, there were good songs, there were good cameos. The fight scenes were nice and dynamic - something that could be enjoyed on the big screen. The storyline was also spicy, which made sure that we don’t feel sleepy or any dissatisfaction regarding our decision to watch the movie.

The movie was great. But SRK needs to slow down on the cigar though.

Oh yeah, and if y’all want me to give it a rating, sure. I’m giving this movie 89 Young Men out of 100 fem-boys. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox Of Dhurandhar

O' Romeo - About The Animalification Of Movies

Artificial Intimacy