A Blog On Barbers.
Barbers. The epitome of providing perfection to the people in our society. Let’s talk about them.
Okay, the reason I decided to dedicate this blog to barbers is because I got a haircut, and I look like an egg with porcupine quills.
The worst part? I had this school interview the next day.
Alright, so you may be wondering why have I written a blog on barbers, it’s because I’ll make sure no-one else makes the mistakes I made when it comes to understanding a stylist throughout the course of my haircut journey.
I’ll talk about some things I’ve realized over the years whilst visiting barbers.
1. In terms of haircut salons, the customer is NEVER right, the barber is ALWAYS right :-
This might seem a bit exaggerated, but hear me out. Sometimes, when you request the barber to shorten the hair more, he might warn you and say it might affect your hairstyle. You might revolt thinking it’s just a petty trick being played on you by the barber so you visit the salon once again within a month.
But please hear out the barber, he is right.
See, barbers look out for us men. At-least the male barbers and hair-stylists do. Despite knowing how ugly we are, they make sure that our hair doesn’t lose its pride. They want us to look as sharp as possible in front of others, especially girls.
They do that by only shortening our hair to a length at which we are at-least able to comb our hair and style it.
I made the mistake of not paying any heed to the warning my barber gave me and told him to shorten it a bit more. Now I look like a tennis ball that’s been chewed up by a dog. I still repent my decision.
2. Tell them how much to trim :-
Another mistake I made that day was telling him to trim my beard, but I did not mention him by how much. See, the hairstyle wouldn’t have looked AS bad if I still had my beard. Beard adds depth to our faces.
I had asked him if he could also shorten my mustache a bit. He said if he did that, it’d be game over for me.
I decided not to make the mistake again and told him I’m fine.
Always specifying how you need your hair, beard and everything else does affect your satisfaction. So do that. I guess. I mean, if you want to.
Also, when I was small, Barbers used to use this small blade around the back and the side of my hair. And they always used to tell me to keep my head a bit more upright. And they also used to give me a lollipop at the end of every haircut, that’s why I loved going there.
As time went on, I slowly started getting less and less lollipops over time. I thought maybe I must’ve annoyed the barber too much by not keeping my head upright during those blade cuts, and that’s why he might've stopped with the lollipop supplies over time.
Until one day I realized I grew up. And they don’t give lollipops to pre-teens.
This wasn’t related to the heading at all, but I just wanted to let out the feelings that I hold regarding this deep and flabbergasting incident.
3. Listen to the conversations of the barbers :-
I know this is technically eavesdropping, but they do talk loudly.
They genuinely have a good sense of humor and the way they complain about life, customers and their manager is actually fun to hear about. It's still better than most of the podcasts available, where they give you financial advices, which they’re probably giving you because it didn’t work for them.
So, what all can we interpret from this blog?
Well, these were the three things you were supposed to know in my opinion. I’ll probably learn more as I go along the way. Also, you should always prioritize your barber. He is the reason some people probably admire you, and the barbers do get to decide what the shape of your face should be.
This also means it’s important to be on good terms with your local barber. Because if you’re not, he can probably mess up the back of your hair. Or be annoying by drenching you with an excess amount of water spray that they use during hair cuts - which, if you didn’t know, is already quite annoying on its own.
Also, I wonder if women also have these ideologies about their salons. But i assume it might be more centralized towards gossiping with a touch of judgement.
And I might be wrong, but I don’t think ladies commit themselves to one barber or stylist. Maybe it’s just people like me who have time to think about all this, but well, it doesn’t matter.
I’m running out of blog topics anyways.
Also, a heads up - I started writing this blog a few weeks ago, when I actually got the haircut. So it’s much better now, and I look more, well, acceptable by the society. If that makes any sense.
Alright, I guess this is where I’ll cut the blog, I tried my best to trim anything that’s too much. - get it?
Comments
Post a Comment