A Blog About My Most Favorite Album. "ye".

You’re about to get one hell of a blog. This album doesn’t need a review, it needs a reflection. 

I don’t know where to start. “ye” is Kanye’s 2018 album. 7 songs. That’s all the details you need when it comes to being technical about understanding what I’m talking about.

If you’re genuinely interested. I’d suggest you take a listen for yourself to experience the 23 minute Album.

This album is something that changed me and my way of thinking. I feel like there are very less people who choose to be transparent about the state of their mind. Open about how they feel about controversial things. Confident about you believing what you believe in. If you can be one of these people, you might as well label yourself as the only human to be true to yourself and others.

This is one of those albums that tends to be “Alive” in your mind. As my life goes on, I see myself listening to at-least a few songs from the album, just because there is a deep amount of introspective relatability. The tones and styles used in different songs make you rely on not just the lyrics, but also the emotions behind it. The production seems to be perfect for this album. 

So, what does it mean? This album proves to be the pinnacle of hope and self-reflection for me. And it will prove to be the same in the future.

As a human, we’re scared to admit about what we believe in and what we think about, because no matter how close you may be to your friends and family, you may overthink that there are fine lines of division between you and the other person, and you think it’s finer than it actually is. So when I listen to most of the songs off of this album, it tends to give me a satisfaction. It gives me a “this is exactly what I’ve been thinking.” Sort of conclusion. Which tends to be important for a human. The lyrics that this album holds are something we’re too scared to admit or say in front of others. 

I think this blog can only be given enough Justice if I go through all the seven tracks this album consists.

“I Thought About Killing You” - this track justifies itself as the intro track. Kanye talks about his suicidal and homicidal thoughts. This song pushes you in a state of deep thinking. The production is quite sublime, Kanye maintains a firm tone while speaking. The beat does switch in the second half when he switches to rapping. It also contains great one liners. He tries to justify his thoughts by highlighting that these thoughts are invigorated due to a sense of love, he talks about the bad days in his life. Screaming loud, losing lungs and going numb. It honestly makes a great intro track. It sounds intimidating, which pushes you into the mood for listening to the rest of the tracks. It’s quite dark.

This track motivates me to not take decisions according to a single narrative, and take them according to how I want to. 

“Yikes” - this track hypes you up quite a lot. It’s Kanye rapping once again, which makes it a classic for the fans. Kanye talks about his attachment with drug consumption and raises controversial topics. There are multiple lyrics and songs which justify the album cover. Him being bi-polar makes him raise multiple topics. He even calls it a superpower at the end of the song. He has scared himself due to his emotions and mentality, and even the ones around him. This song tends to carry the vibe of darkness, yet remains catchy due to having a great flow. Multiple lines off of this song makes you feel he’s tripped out due to a psychedelic effect. 

“All Mine” - some may definitely label it as a goofy song. It feels like Kanye shouting his desires. His desires for intimate relationships are pretty clear. But what he makes clear is that this remains to be something that he doesn’t want to show. As if it’s a dark side of him, but the intention is made clear. It takes guts to be transparent, and I applaud him for that. This is definitely one of those tracks that can bring a slight smile to your face, only because of slight dark references - some are even direct - in the lyrics.

“Wouldn’t Leave” - this was a great song. The track speaks about how Kanye’s political views and controversial comments had everyone worrying, and how he had to calm his wife down as she feared they were about to lose it all. He says that he had provided his wife an option to leave, but she didn’t and stuck by him. This song basically turns into a beautiful ode, and is dedicated to women who stick by their men during the toughest times and help them sort the problems out. It’s ironic in its current state because of Ye’s divorce. But it is quite a beautiful song. The chorus is also something that is reassuring in itself. Saying “I know you wouldn’t leave” speaks about the mutual trust and support that Ye finds in his relationship. One thing this song has engraved in my mind is the fact that in life, it’s important to find a companion you can count on. Everyone joins on on the blissful moments and call it an instinct, but the real ones around you will be the ones who stick with you while you’re at your worst.

“No Mistakes” - this feels like a sequel to “Wouldn’t Leave”, it shows off this egoistic side of Ye, he speaks about not taking advice from people more successful than him but he does acknowledge that his situation is not the best. He talks about his reputation not being so great at the time. But he does let the audience know that he has not made any mistake in loving the person he loves. Something we all need. Despite what people may say to us, I think it stands upon us at the end of the day regarding whether we’d like to chase someone or their validation. Despite others around you saying otherwise, you tend to prove yourself self-righteous and go ahead with decisions. But only time will tell whether it was a good decision or is it something that you need to learn from. The best moments in life is not humbling yourself, it it when you rise your egoistic attitude back up despite knowing you just got humbled. It’s something Ye can inspire many to do. This song definitely invigorates a certain attitude and approach to hardships in life.

Now it’s time for my most favorite song. 

“Ghost Town” - starts with a really holy verse by PARTYNEXTDOOR. This song is ridiculous because it speaks about what blatantly revolves around my mind. I’ve tried to please different people and parties in my life, but something really makes it feel as if no matter what I do, I tend to push them away. Whilst I process the time I must’ve probably wasted doing this - Kanye enters with a reassuring and satisfying voice. He almost stood as a righteous father figure here. Him saying that everything will be fine, the drama that revolves all around me will one day be gone, and that I needn’t be worried by the odds and use unhealthy coping mechanisms. This song really hits hard when you relate with the lyrics. I do talk like I’m high at times, doing stupid things and perhaps even saying something that may be controversial and offend others. As impractical it is to be that type of person, I’d rather be that than be someone who has to put up a fake face in order to satisfy the expectations one has from the average human. And I don't want to be average.

As I learn new things along the way, as I keep doing my thing and as I move through different characters and ideologies. One thing is certain. I wouldn’t be who I was if I hadn’t done the things I’ve done. This song reassures me that everything will be fine, and eventually any inconveniences I face will balance soon. I needn’t change myself to fit in with a group. I wish I had met this song sooner as I repent some decisions. But well, you could call that a lesson.

We will always be a certain type of person. It’s our choice. Would you like to embrace it and rise out as a unique individual? Or would you like to subdue yourself and be everyone else I know? 

Ye also talks about regretting things that he has said, he says that he’s “years ahead but way behind”, which I’d say is very true. His actions represent this idea. 

“Violent Crimes” - Every Father who has a daughter needs to listen to this song. Ye talks about his worries, realizations and problems he faces whilst fathering a daughter. He disguises this song under a really beautiful Lullaby, which suits the theme of the song. Ye starts off by saying that people are “savages”, “monsters”, “pimps” and “players” till they have daughters. It’s only then that they get precautious. He seeks forgiveness from the lord as he realizes late about how women are supposed to be treated, they’re supposed to be nurtured instead of being conquered over. He wants his daughter to stay elegant by playing Piano and learning Karate, and not doing anything that may cause people to look at her in an inappropriate manner, he also wants her to stay away from the Social Media as he acknowledges there are perverts on the internet and in her own comments. He even goes to an extent of wishing her daughter’s body is draped more like his rather than her mom’s. All of this as a precaution. He even speaks about the worries that rise as she makes friends and gets into relationships. She eventually doesn’t listen but learns her lesson - which is indicated through an abusive relationship she gets in - the scars remind her of what has gone wrong. The chorus repeats, and the lullaby continues. 

He sounds worried here, like everyone is for their loved ones, especially their children. This makes me respect the change of perception throughout life and not call anyone a hypocrite for changing their ways.

My mom is also worried about the way I am. She worries that whilst I'm stuck in this flow of being social, i might end up being rude to someone. Say something that i shouldn't say. Do something I shouldn't do. As much as I hate her, and keep cutting off the tail she keeps attaching on me. I know why she does that. She's my mom. I love my mom, because she's my mom. 

I feel every parent would resonate with this song. It's good. So is life?

Here. This is how your 23 minutes get over.

Ye has inspired cultures, genres and people. Rolling Stone ranks this album as #1 under the “Genuinely Horrible Albums” category. I didn’t know Rolling Stone employees are a bunch of robots, anyways.

This album will always have a special place in my heart because of how much it inspires me to cultivate as a human, remain transparent with my thoughts and opinions and not be scared of anything. This album tries to make you forget about your worries and take you back to where you were. When you were free. The lyrics, the production and just the idea of this album are inspired from madness. 

Madness doesn’t make you different, it makes you unique. All that matters is, how we convey it?

This album is what has helped me keep open to myself, and that’s how things should be. 

“We’re still the kids we used to be.” Beautifully said by Kanye.

This one lyric shows you that despite all of your trauma, all of your intrusive thoughts and all of your problems, you still have an option to wake up and be happy, cope using a healthy method, be open to everyone and not limit how much you can express just because of how someone else is.

I’ve talked about Kanye once on my blog, but I really wanted to pick on this album. Many Kanye fans may criticize me for this view, as he clearly has albums with more songs, more production value and more variety in his discography. And when viewed in terms of music, they're clearly better. But I swear by this project.

But if this is the album that has kept me as myself, it deserves the respect of me and my blog.

If you love Ye, you love yourself. This still stands true.

The amount of emotions this album has, it made me wonder if this album was even humane. Because believe me, humans lie to themselves all the time. Ye inspires us not to do so.

You can reflect yourself better than any mirror on the world. To accept yourself is the biggest way to be yourself.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox Of Dhurandhar

O' Romeo - About The Animalification Of Movies

Artificial Intimacy