My New English Teacher.
12th just started. I thoughy everything would be fine, until we met our new English teacher.
Usually teachers are quite kind at the start of the year and reveal their true selves as the academic year goes on.
But my English Teacher has been on my tail since day one. She is one of those teachers whose abseintism is celebrated in classes, she is one of those teachers which can definitely kill you with their sarcasm.
The most annoying thing that happened recently was the determination of my financial status based on the pen I use. She was mad at me for using a ball pen, so she asked me if my father can afford me a gel pen or not, I said he can, so she said that then I should start using a gel pen.
The next day, i forgot what she had said and continued using the ball pen, then she pointed out at the pen my friend was using, and my teacher went "see the pen she's using? It only costs around five rupees"
By the way, I'd like to know which economy made my ma'am think that a pen is available for five rupees.
Anyways, she told me to buy the pen that my friend is using. I did not pay much attention and now I'm using that one pen our school gave us for our board exams, since that's the only gel pen i have. I've ranted about this incident to my friends many times now.
This was not the only incident, every period she questions me about something or the other. I feel very vulnerable in every English period, as if there exists a sense of hostility around me. I'm petrified of English period these days.
This one English period, i decided i wouldn't even open my mouth so that she doesn't question me, she still asked me something which i nervously answered and she fulfilled her daily goal of embarrassing me.
Even this one time, we had our World Scholar's Cup photoshoot, and my friends pulled out these plushie Alpacas that had been given to us for participation, as I pulled out my Alpaca, she laughed and exclaimed, "Oh! Ankit! You got a pink Alpaca?".
I did not care much about the Alpaca before, but then I showed it some extra care to remind my Alpaca that the racism shown my English teacher shouldn't affect his confidence.
Around this time, i started noticing that maybe I might be getting targetted. You might think that "Oh Ankit, she's just a teacher having fun and being sarcastic".
no. Our fear for English has become so indubitable that we have started doing English homework in Economics or Business Studies classes.
Last year, it was the opposite. the English teacher we had last year was quite chill and laid back, it felt good as she always asked our opinion on things and we still understood things at the end of the day.
I'm not going to question the expertise as even our current English teacher is good, it is the extra add-on questions and personal attacks I get that really makes me question if we got this teacher on purpose as a Karma for how bad our class is, in general.
This one time, I forgot to bring my writing book and i decided to formally apologize, in that ordeal, I called my behaviour "Disgraceful". But she interpreted it as me calling myself a disgrace and now she continues to troll me with that word and says "Ankit don't forget the book again, or you will be a disgrace again".
Honestly, i still don't know why she targets me and what put me on the wrong foot. Or maybe, she just enjoys showing her wrath to us students.
I talked with a few seniors about her and even my old English teacher, I'm currently hoping that this is just at the start of the year and that she eases and tones down her professional hate for me soon.
Regardless, I'm not going to question her teaching because I am understanding things at the end of the day. Yes, she does make us write a lot and nags us quite a lot, but if this, in any way, helps me score better? I may start being less grumpy about it.
Oh, and just to satisfy my Ego, i shall hit the supermarket this weekend and get myself the most expensive Uni-Ball gel pen possible.
Comments
Post a Comment