India?

I think we all know what I might want to talk about.

For the first time in a few years, the independence day ended up being a day where a major part of our population probably felt insecure of their freedom and questioned whether they actually even have any independence or is it just a paradox?

And the part of the population wasn't a minority, caste or religion.

It was a much more basic differentiating factor. It was the women.

They're my favourite gender. The women that i have around me, they are much more mature, providing, logical. They value emotions and are strong where the need to be. They are there when you need them. They prove to show why they are wise and understanding. 

 For us, as generations, it took time to reach this level of comfort and closeness as different genders. 

It's unfortunate that some animals of the country have been spitting on the progress and evolution of how far we've come and how far we try to go as a country.

The question is, how did they feel insecure of their freedom? Why was it on independence day, that they felt that their rights have been stolen?

It's unfortunately a simple term. It's sexual abuse. Molestation. Rape. 

It's not just one case. For all the desensitised minds. There were many cases.

One after the other.

Different states.

It really raises a lot of questions. The most important one being, are women safe in this country? Assuming my average reader is a human, they'd say yes. 

Even I wish I could, but what happens with some of them, can very unfortunately, happen to anyone. And you know it's serious when you start praying that it doesn't happen to someone you know.

And it doesn't end here, people will find a reason to justify. It'll either be the clothes, the looks or the intent. But none of that nonsense can justify a citizen of our country, or any self proclaimed human behaving like an animal towards the women.

I could be blind and say this needs to stop. But i wouldn't, why? Because in these blogs i need to say something that everyone can understand. Me saying that it's disgusting may not even create a difference to those who actually hold these disgusting intents in their eyes against the ladies. It's us, it's the men, it's the ones who can make a difference - like the people in power - that need to do something. Whether they do or not, is in their hands. 

But what can we do? It's fortunately simple. Just make sure the women around you feel safe and comfortable. It took us decades to make them believe in equality, fair treatment and love. We cannot let some animals claiming to be men take it away so easily. So protect them and make sure they never feel unsafe in any situation. As I say this, I will also try to do the same. One thing that all of us men need to ensure is that we never break the trust or the security we provide. As hard as it is to always be conscious about our decisions. We need to be courteous and chivalrous. Whether they expect it or not, it's in our hands to decide how you want the women to feel about you.

As much as it takes to go through any sort of pain in life, it does take a lot more effort being a woman. I can never say i empathize with any of you, as unfortunate as it sounds.

Because I've never been made felt creeped out, uncomfortable, or never been sexualized or looked down upon, I've never been judged by what I wear or do. It's unfortunate because these are some things faced by every woman, be it somewhere else or this country. Sad to see that recently we stoop down even more as a country. But empathy isn't required to understand how every woman must've felt after this situation.

I wasn't expecting to write this, but I knew I had to, especially after the number of headlines that carried the same theme. It's embarrassing to call myself a citizen of this country, harsh to imagine what happened and deadly to imagine even being around people or situations like these. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox Of Dhurandhar

O' Romeo - About The Animalification Of Movies

Artificial Intimacy